There’s a LOT of information about the coronavirus on the Internet. Sadly, much of it is simply untrue. For example, you may have seen a November 2020 article by a Dr. Joseph Mercola that makes a number of “factual” statements about COVID testing. It starts something like this:
“From the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the clarion call has been to test, test and test some more. However, right from the start, serious questions arose about the tests being used to diagnose this infection, and questions have only multiplied since then.Positive reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests have been used as the justification for keeping large portions of the world locked down for the better part of 2020. This, despite the fact that PCR tests have proven remarkably unreliable with high false result rates, and aren’t designed to be used as a diagnostic tool in the first place as they cannot distinguish between inactive viruses and “live” or reproductive ones.”
It goes on for pages, offering cherry-picked half-truths and outright mistruths. In fact, most all of the factual assertions made in this article are provably false and, at best, misleading. Here’s our step-by-step rebuttal of this dangerously false propaganda (our responses are in bold):
- A positive test is NOT a “case” — As explained by Dr. Lee Merritt in her August 2020 Doctors for Disaster Preparedness33 lecture, featured in “How Medical Technocracy Made the Plandemic Possible,” media and public health officials appear to have purposefully conflated “cases” or positive tests with the actual illness. Medically speaking, a “case” refers to a sick person. It never ever referred to someone who had no symptoms of illness. Now all of a sudden, this well-established medical term, “case,” has been completely and arbitrarily redefined to mean someone who tested positive for the presence of viral RNA. As noted by Merritt, “That is not epidemiology. That’s fraud.”
This statement is fraudulent. An asymptomatic patient can still be sick and can be highly infectious. This is precisely what makes COVID so dangerous.
- The PCR test can also pick up the presence of other coronaviruses, so a positive result may simply indicate that you’ve recuperated from a common cold in the past
This assertion is provably wrong.
- Mike Yeadon, former vice president and scientific director of Pfizer, has even gone on record stating1 that false positive results from unreliable PCR tests are being used to “manufacture a ‘second wave’ based on ‘new cases,'” when in fact a second wave is highly unlikely.
This inaccurate assertion is based upon a misunderstanding of test sensitivity protocols.
- According to the CDC and other research data,the COVID-19 survival rate is over 99%, and the vast majority of deaths occur in those over 70, which is close to normal life expectancy.
Provably false. In fact, as of July 2020, the case fatality rate was 4.5% and is expected to drop to about 3% with improved therapeutics. But nowhere close to 1%
- CDC analysis reveals 85% of patients testing positive for COVID-19 wore face masks “often” or “always” in the two weeks preceding their positive test.
Patently false. Statement made by Trump and White House has been thoroughly debunked:
- The death rate has not risen despite pandemic deaths— Data show the overall all-cause mortality has remained steady during 2020 and doesn’t veer from the norm. In other words, COVID-19 has not killed off more of the population than would have died in any given year anyway.
Provably false. Excess deaths exceed 300,000 in the U.S. alone.
- About 45,000 scientists and doctors worldwidehave already signed the Great Barrington Declaration,40 which calls for the end to all lockdowns and implementation of a herd immunity approach to the pandemic, meaning governments should allow people who are not at significant risk of serious COVID-19 illness to go back to normal life, as the lockdown approach is having a devastating effect on public health — far worse than the virus itself.
“A ridiculous and nonsensical idea” Dr. Fauci on Great Barrington Declaration: https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2020/10/15/fauci-attacks-herd-immunity-declaration-embraced-by-white-house-as-total-nonsense/?sh=4f322422458d
- On August 26th the CDC was forced to admit only 6% of the marked deaths according to death certificates died of COVID 19. The rest died of other causes but tested postive for the RNA strand, but were not necessarily syptomatic.
The claim that the CDC “admitted that only 6% of… (COVID-19-related) deaths recorded actually died from Covid” is false, because the remaining 94% of cases were instances of comorbidity (the existence of two or more conditions or illnesses in a patient). This does not exclude COVID-19, but combines it with other illnesses, often triggered by the new coronavirus itself.
- The people at risk haven’t changed. According to the CDC, it is still the following:
The average age of someone dying with Covid 19 is 78
They have 2.6 other serious medical conditions
85% reported always wearing their masks
This is very outdated information. More recent numbers show average mortality age has dropped significantly:
- If you are healthy, then the odds of you contracting COVID 19 and dying are .03%. In other words, 99.97% of the people who get sick, get well.
FALSE. Closer to 88.5%