SCAM ALERT: Flat Belly Fix Will Break Your Wallet

The Flat Belly Fix is one of a series of  highly problematic Spark Health Media offerings.  By our definition, it is not only a scam but a disturbing examples of  how Internet marketers are trying to wrest money from unsuspecting consumers.   They claim to rid you of ALL of your belly fat in 30 days.   The story is similar to most other scam stories:  a ex-cop comes up with yet another weight-loss program to “help his crippled wife”.   Unlike many other questionable scams, the “creator” of this program may actually exist.   There is a website called Alpha Nation that may be connected to this weight loss program.

There are two things about Flat Belly Fix that cause us concern.  First, it resorts to a marketing strategy in which it enlists an army of “marketing affiliates” who create the fake review websites that use terms like “scam” “does it work” and “review” to rope in unsuspecting consumers who think they are actually getting objective information. Instead, they are getting fake info for which the affiliates will receive very lucrative commissions through Clickbank.   And guess who is paying for those commissions?

This posting at Clickbank is telling affiliate marketers that they will pay out $40.82 from every consumer who purchases this plan.  Given that they only charge $37 for people who sign up, this confirms that they use upselling to squeeze more money from the unsuspecting consumers.   This is a red-flashing light that a scam is afoot.

The second red flashing light is that the science behind the weight loss is highly questionable.   He relies upon the properties of capsaicin…..the key element in spicy peppers.   If you shell out your $37, you’ll essentially receive basic weight loss information (which you can find online for free), a few diet recommendations, a recipe for spicy tea and a set of exercise videos.

Mr. Lamb’s marketing scheme mirrors other health scams like The 3-Week Diet, ED Miracle, Red Smoothie Detox Factor, Heartburn No More, Yeast Infection No More and Pregnancy Miracle. All these scams are exposed here.

Our greatest concern — and one that you should share — is that these marketers are less interested in selling you this book and its information.  They are laser focused on upselling you are much as possible and making as much money from you as possible.   Their e-books are the bait to ensnare you.   If you must take that bait, so be it.   But attempt to avoid the other traps that lay await for you by unscrupulous marketers who apparently will bombard you with offers once you enter their realm.

If you’ve made the mistake of signing up for this scheme, you can get a refund within 60-days of purchase from Clickbank.   Do it!  Once you sign up for these kinds of scams, you’ll be targeted for even more of them.

1. Ke Li
    Ke Li says:

Help please, I asked to cancel the online coaching with them and they kept charging me for 2 more months.
    How do I get them to refund me and cancel for good!

• mshames
      mshames says:

Document your efforts to cancel and then dispute the charges with your credit card issuer. If you’ve shown that you tried to cancel, the bank will take it from there and get you refunds for the disputed payments.

2. Martha Huff
    Martha Huff says:

Ordered 2 items got the tea only. It was expense. Doesn’t work. All I got after a week was being tired and the runs. I want to share this with everyone who might be tempted to buy this bogus product.

3. Dissatisfied Buyer
    Dissatisfied Buyer says:

What a scam. And they used all of the “sympathy buttons” and I fell for them. OMG, what could be more moving than a married couple who are both high risk cops and the guy so lovingly cares for his wife he would not rest until he found a cure for her depression due to her fatness. OMG, what a sucker I was. And now I’m trying to get a refund, but guess what? You’ll get to talk to someone in China who barely speaks English, then claims it’s a bad connection and she hangs up. I actually sent the stuff back and still don’t see a refund of $176!!! What a scam. They have somehow ranked high in Google search engines but I think in time the dissatisfied customers will out rank them simply because the tea DOES NOT WORK. Have I mentioned it’s a scam.

• mshames
      mshames says:

I’m afraid this is an all-too-common tactic by these scammers. Generally, you need to cancel through the gateway that you used to purchase it. If that fails….and you have kept documentation of that cancellation, then contact your credit card issuer and contest the charge as unauthorized.

4. Jill
    Jill says:

I tried to cancel right after ordering. I have not received any communication from this company, let alone my refund, despite the 60 day refund guarantee if not satisfied. Well I’m not satisfied! I want my money back.

5. Peter M
    Peter M says:

I did not even receive the advertised product yet they charged me monthly fees and refuse to refund me because my request for a refund is out of their 60 day policy. The time has come to take legal action against these scammers. How do we go about this?

• mshames
      mshames says:

What likely happened is you ordered the product but didn’t realize that it’s only available as an electronic download. They won’t mail you anything. Because most of these companies are off-shore, legal action is unlikely to work. That’s why we focus our effort to prevent consumers from succumbing to this scam traps.